Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mother Goose

There's always that one person that you will love and cherish forever. And when I say forever I mean until the day we die. Our Mother's sacrifice everything for us. Whether you know that or not. My Mom has been a "single" parent for as long as I remember. My Dad had a job overseas, having him leave every 6 months and coming home for a month or less. She took care of me and my brother, we were/ARE her babies no matter what. I would always wonder why my Mom never cried, she was always strong. She never showed a sign of weakness. Growing up I was able to start telling when she was having trouble with something, but even then, she would tell me everything was going to be okay. Whenever a tough situation came along she would tell me, "Erica, God doesn't give us a problem we cannot fix. He knows we can do it, that's why he's challenging us." There would be things that I get confused about, because I always asked God, "Why me? Why would he think that I could handle this?" But you know, if it wasn't for my mom, if it wasn't for the struggles I grew up with, I wouldn't be the person I am today. And quite frankly, I am proud of who I am and who raised me. My Mother, Ruth Apelado Baja is the strongest person I know and will EVER know. She has always kept a positive environment around me. She has always protected me. She may not have let me "go out" when I was in middle school and some part of high school, but that's only because she wanted me safe and I get it now. She really is the best person I know, my best friend, my mom will always be there for me. She is beautiful, inside and out. She never fails to amaze me. She taught me how to go through life with a positive outlook on life, even when people are going through bad scenarios, she taught me that if you believe you can do it, then do it! Because no one but yourself can do something about it. You have to learn from your mistakes and that's what makes you who you are. I could never understand how people disrespect their mothers, by talking crap to them and about them, I could never because I have the greatest mom ever, and I know we can all say that about our mother's but, I truly mean this with all my heart. No one will ever understand how much I love my mom, I can never say it enough, I will never stop loving her, she will forever be my number one. <3

Appreciate and be grateful for your Mothers, they are the reason why you're here today. Right? Okay, so till my next post lovelies.

XOXO,
Erica Baja

No comments:

Post a Comment